UnCensored’s Reader Stalin puts forward a 10-point-plan towards achieving economic transformation.
For how long will we lament about non-transformation of our economy, as if we were foreigners in our own land? And for how long will we watch the Treasury dept ride roughshod and spit on the very economic transformation we long for?
Listening to the President at the SONA, making bold statements on economic transformation I came to a conclusion that very bold steps he needs to take are:
1. Fire Pravin and the other cabinet ministers who passed a no confidence vote on him
2. Reign-in hard on or even fire ministers who are not willing to assist transformation i.e. dti, mineral resources, rural development and land reform, and economic development ministers
3. Discipline and expose the 65 ANC MPs who were bought to support the no confidence vote when the opposition brings it again
4. Prioritise the ABSA matter to its logical conclusion
5. Borrow from China (BRICS partner) and pay off the western debt/deficit (this may be suicidal though in the long run)
6. Conduct serious performance reviews on all his cabinet ministers and discipline them on non-performance
7. Reign-in delinquents in the ANC (Jackson Mthembu and others)
8. Pronounce boldly on the security threats facing our beloved country i.e. purported regime change
9. Pronounce boldly on non-transformative judiciary (some judges were also bought to make unfavourable rulings against attempts to transform the country)
10. Act decisively on all manner of corruption that is plaguing the state. I know that this is a wish list/10 point plan. But for us civil society, we need to start a serious transformation drive by first drawing a database of all recipients of the R500 bn the state spends, and the other R900 bn of capex.
This information will be best used to drive the economic transformation campaign. White monopoly capital and its black parasites must be exposed and embarrassed for the plunder they are riddled in. Other progressive organisations in business and broader civil society must be involved in this drive, and assist in obtaining this valuable information for our onslaught on the enemy. We need to identify a platform to champion this campaign. Once all the info has been gathered and verified, it will then be used as a rallying point to challenge the ruling party, government, WMC and all those who are parasites of WMC, and moving forward (inexhaustive). Can Uncensoredopinion drive this campaign?