A letter from Willem de Klerk Attorneys dated 16 March 2017 reads.
Attention: R Moodley
ONLINE ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY CITY PRESS – NEW MP BRIAN MOLEFE GETS THROUGH FIRST 2 COMMITTEE MEETINGS QUIETLY
- We refer to previous correspondence and confirm that we have now taken instructions.
- City Press concedes that your client never “said” he had been visiting a shebeen in the area. The error came about during translation of the story from City Press’ sister publication, Rapport.
- City Press will correct the story and post an appropriate correction and apology.
- We do not intend debating the remaining allegations in your letter under reply, but reserve the right to do so should it become necessary.
- We trust this matter has been resolved.
WILLEM DE KLERK ATTORNEYS
Here’s the now amended story with the correction: http://city-press.news24.com/News/new-mp-brian-molefe-gets-through-first-2-committee-meetings-quietly-20170308