ONE of our readers, in response to the article “The History of Writing in Sub-Saharan Africa, Including the most notable literary works written by African authors about African history from from the 2nd century BC to the 19th century AD” https://wp.me/p7OMJc-30I says East Africa and West Africa are the reason for enslavement of Africans and share the huge burden of the trans-continental Enslavement of Africans: to Asia and across the Atlantic Ocean. The propaganda and romanticisation of East Africa and West Africa must stop.
Key historic facts about Africa
1) East Africa and West Africa share the huge responsibility of inter-continental enslavement of Africans.
2) The whole of Africa including the African Union (AU) use:
(2.1) Latin/Roman alphabet; and
(2.2) Indian/Arabic numerals.
Question 1: How this came about and who introduced the Roman script and Indian numerals to Africa?
3) East Africa opened up the Arab-Muslim enslavement of Africans starting in the 7th century and lasting 1400-1200 years; proof: the “Greatest and Longest Revolt of African Slaves” took place in South BAGDAD (869-883).
4) West Africa opened up the Transatlantic Slave Trade on Aug 8, 1444 with King NOMIMANSA of the MANDINGO People of the Kingdom of SHONGHAI;
(4.1) the world first batch of West African Slaves arrived at LAGOS in southern PORTUGAL in that Aug 1444; thus the historic link between LAGOS in Portugal and LAGOS in the YORUBA region of NIGERIA.
(4.2) Western and African scholars have refused to inform Africans that LAGOS (Portugal) is the town where the Very First Transatlantic African Slaves were taken and sold;
(4.3) likewise, they deliberately continue to dissimulate that EL MINA, in present-day GHANA, was the Very First Important Fort built by the Portuguese in 1482 to transport West African Slaves to the ‘New World’ of the day; they tend maliciously to transfer this responsibility to the Kingdom of Kongo when the Portuguese reached that Kingdom in 1482 and no slave trade took place on that year and some years later.
5) Wolof King BEMOIN was the Very First precolonial African monarch who was forced to convert to Christianity / Catholicism in 1489; King BEMOIN was baptised along with his subjects and took on the Christian name of João.
(5.1) As in the above case, Western and African scholars voluntary do present ManiKongo NZINGA NKUWU and his son NZINGA MVEMBA as the first Africans to convert to Catholicism and to take on Christian names;
(5.2) these scholars have done everything to dissimulate the Christian name of King BEMOIN; however, they always present Kongo’s ManiKongos with Christian names as if the latter did abandon completely their Kongo/African names;
(5.3) this is how the twisting of African history goes;
(5.4) the malicious propaganda against the Kingdom of Kongo (Kongophobia) has been going on for more than six decades.
6) The issue of Slavery as an official institution of Ethiopia has been looked down for far too long.
7) The enslavement of East Africans during the Antiquity (BC) (Red Sea Route) has also has been swept under the carpet for far too long as well.
(A) East Africa and West Africa should not be portrayed as the Immaculée Conception of African history.
(B) East Africa and West Africa are the reason for enslavement of Africans and share the huge burden of trans-continental Enslavement of Africans: to Asia and across the Atlantic Ocean.
(C) The propaganda and romanticisation of East Africa and West Africa must stop; it has been going on for too long.