South Africans always say they don’t want to be “like Zimbabwe”. But what exactly does that mean?
- 99% of the cars on the roads in Zimbabwe are owned by the people driving them. 99% of the houses in Zimbabwe are owned by the people living in them.
But in South Afrika, 97% of the cars belong to banks. Barclays Bank owns this country. Someone in England owns that flat you live in there in Midrand. You look down on people staying in rural areas in houses they own, because you live in a house owned by Barclays Bank.
- Blacks in South Africa, with their contempt for Zimbabweans, actually own nothing. You only own your IDs”.
- Did you know that that company who buried your uncle, AVBOB stands for Afrikaanse Verbond Begrafnis Ondernemings Beperk?
- Did you know that Sanlam was started by a group of Afrikaans businessmen to advance the “struggle for an economic foothold for the Afrikaner”? it was helped along with special acts of parliament being written for it…
- Did you know that SASOL, now a listed company, was created in 1979 by the then SA govt and enjoyed significant government protection during apartheid?
- Naspers (Nasionale Pers), the company that owns Multichoice/DSTV, MWEB, Media 24(rapport,city press, daily sun)was formed by a group of prominent Afrikaners in December 1914 at Stellenbosch to form a publishing company that would spread a nationalistic Afrikaner message. It was founded by J.B.M. Hertzog who also founded the National Party, the previous year.
- Don’t you love how the idea of Black people making money from government, or with government assistance is almost criminalised and the recipients of government business are called “tenderpreneurs”, “BEE fat cats”? Remember Daniel Matjila of the PIC was hounded for owning a Maserati which he could afford easily with his salary?
- Remember how Khanyi Dlomo was scandalised for receiving a R34m loan from the NEF? I bet you don’t remember the billion rand loan that was given to the Collins Family… that’s because no one told you about it..
- Did you notice how reference is made to how quickly Cyril Ramaphosa, Patrice Motsepe and Tokyo Sexwale became wealthy but no one mentions the pace of Discovery’s Adrian Gore in becoming a billionaire, even though Discovery was only listed in 1997? Ever heard of Gus Attridge?
- Did you realise that you’ve read a lot about Robert Gumede but almost nothing about Brett and Mark Levy?
- Do you remember Hendrik du Toit’s R78m bonus? You’ve never heard of Hendrik Du Toit?
- Did you know Koos Bekker from point 4 above exercised options on 11,7m of his Naspers shares, netting about R11bn from the sale. The transactions were not announced on SENS (JSE info platform) because he was not on the board of the company at the time he did this as he was on a year-long “sabbatical”
- I hope you are aware today that the highest earning and top 5 South African billionaires are white,when one black enters that bracket,you investigate him.– have you ever stopped and paused and asked yourself this. you call ANN7 the “Gupta TV” but you dont call ENCA the “Rupert TV? have you ever thought about it? have you ever cared to know who owns, sowetan, City Press and the papers you believe are “authetic”?
My Beloved SA. Can you please tell me what you own, where you got it from and who connected you politically?