The Democratic has laid charges of treason, racketeering and corruption against President Jacob Zuma, three Gupta brothers, and others implicated in the alleged emails published by Sunday Times at the weekend.
The 12 people the DA have laid charges against are:
1. Jacob Zuma
2. Atul Gupta
3. Ajay Gupta
4. Rajesh “Tony” Gupta
5. Ashwa Chawla (chief executive, Sahara)
6. Nazeem Howa (former chief executive, Oakbay)
7. Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba
8. Mineral Resources Minister Mosebenzi Zwane
9. Faith Muthambi, previously minister of communications, now public service and administration minister
10. Co-operative Governance Minister Des van Rooyen
11. Duduzane Zuma, the president’s son with close business links to the Guptas
12. Matshela Koko (suspended acting chief executive of Eskom)
See attached charge sheet. Charge-Sheet-30-May-2017
In the meantime, one of the journalists on the unfolding story of the #Guptaemails or #Guptafiles tweeted that the Guptas were preparing to lay charges against them personally.